You know it's going to be quite the day when by five after nine we've all ready had an incident at the library.
1. One guy kept pressing the "up" button of the elevator with a lot of force. Chlarson turned to the guy and said "Sir, Morris Code is not going to bring the elevator down faster." The man turned and irritatedly said that he had to push the up button 6 times and that he could only ride in the western-most elevator.
2. One lady came in and asked if I knew where the closest recreation center was to the library. I didn't know what she was talking about so I asked her if she had more information. She said that she had the email for it. I asked for it and she gave me a web address, not an email. So I go there and there is nothing at that site. So after looking around on google I find what she wants. I write down the address and phone number and she asks if I can print it off for her. This was a flash map with rollovers. There is no way that this was going to print well, so I told her I couldn't print it. After saying this to her four or five times, Chlarson stepped in and said that we really couldn't print it. She came around and looked at the screen and asked me to click on one of the links that talked about the recreation center. She asked me to print it off, which I did. The funny thing is that the page I printed off did not have any useful information. I just don't get it. Oh, and she filed a complaint on Chlarson. Yeah, that was fun.
3. Carol and I were discussing movies and I said that if I'd known there were aliens in Knowing, I probably would not have seen it. I do not like alien movies. Shortly thereafter a man came up to the desk and asked if I was going to keep coming to the library because there are aliens in the library.
4. Around 11 am the lights in the library went out. We thought it might be a power outage, but the computers were still working. About a minute or so later the lights turn on, and back in the circulation department I hear a voice say "Oops, wring switch." I don't know why, but I think it was funny.
5. Besides the weirdness of the day, there was an actual theme. It was no bra day. Can I just say "Eewww!"
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I always get a kick out of these stories. Glad to know there's a No Bra Day. I mean, what would the world do without it? Oh yeah... dress decently.
Ha ha ha. Bummer about the aliens in Knowing. We just got it on Netflix. I'm not a big fan of aliens either.
1. I feel sad for the gentleman who has such extreme OCD. It really must make life miserable.
3. You didn't know there were aliens in the Library! Sheesh! They are everywhere girl!
4. Still laughing! That is something I would do!!!
Post a Comment