Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bastille Day 2009

I think we've been having a Bastille Day party for almost 10 years now. Crazy huh? The inaugural party was up at Young Women's Camp. Mom brought up her little TV/VCR combo, an outdoor battery (yeah, we bought it just for this) and The Scarlet Pimpernel. Jill (one of the YW leaders and one of my most favorite people on the planet!) came up for the night and brought eclairs with her. It was great beginning to our annual party.

This year was was fantastic! Over twenty people came to enjoy the food, movie and fun. If you haven't seen the movie, you might have been a bit perturbed by the constant quoting and discussion during the movie. But, for those who have seen it many-a-times it was most delightful! Enjoy the pictures.


This was the spread: all sorts of french bread, butter, cheese,
watermelon, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, grape slush, grape
juice and many other wonderful treats that were brought by others.
It was all wonderful!

My cute friends (they're pretty much family) came over early to
help set up and then helped with the clean up.

Katrina and me. I hardly have any pictures of her
and me together, so we have decided that whenever
we're near a camera we will take a picture.

Three super cute chicks!

Aaron and Ryan are just chillin'.

Mom, Ryan and Melissa. I don't remember why he was pointing to her, but she is, as my cousin said, all the way pregnant. Any day now . . .

Patience, Melissa, Barbra and Emmalyn

Kristen, Courtney, Victoria and Liz

Aaron, Katrina, Mom, Patience, Susan, Jill, Barbra and Emmalyn

AnnMarie sitting on her cute quilt that her mom made. Way to go Lisa!

Kandis, Linda and Aubrey

3 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Thanks for another great Bastille Day! I was so glad I was able to make it, sorry I had to walk in late. The grape slush was AWESOME! And how can you go wrong with french bread and cubes of yummy cheese. Combine all that great food with great friends and a great movie and you've got Heaven! Thanks!

Emmy Z. said...

So fun! I'm sorry I missed it. I think I've only ever been able to come to one Bastille Day.

On a brighter note, I just lent that movie to a co-worker who had never heard of it. When you have something that's so awesome, you just have to share it.

Beckie said...

10 years ago??? I totally remember that first time we watched it! I think our camp theme was Beauty and the Beast. French enough for me!

Oh, and Emma, Brad, and I all appreciated the leftover bread and cheese. Voila! (That's the only French word I could think of...)