So, the man with no hands and unzipped and unbuttoned pants came into the library again. I'm grateful that I didn't see it, because evidently he doesn't wear underwear, so when his shirt got un-tucked a little -is this grossing you out yet?- you could see his package. One of the patrons brought it to the notice of our security. Again though, they were a little unclear what to do with/for him.
We didn't have to wait long and the man left. As we're watching his progression out of the library we see a man (a nice looking, do-gooder type) stop him and zip and button up his jeans. Which, I'm sad to say took at least a minute to do. (Although we couldn't have timed it, we were all laughing too hard at the situation. And when I say all there was 2 security, 2 librarians, 1 maintainance, and 2 volunteers all whatching this take place.) Then the nice man comes in and uses our hand sanitizer and goes on his way. The handless man came back in and walked towards AV and as best as we could tell was talking to his reflection in the glass there.
Side note: We don't know his name, but if you can think it up it's probably already been used by someone at the library.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Bravo to the nice man. I wish I was that nice...and brave....
I'm not sure that do-gooder really did any good. If the guy can't zip up his pants in the first place, can he UNzip his pants? What happens when he needs to use the bathroom? Just be glad you weren't there for him to ask you to help him out of THAT situation.
Post a Comment