The keynote speaker was Jill Shepard, former Miss Utah and former US soldier. She spoke on the summit theme: Come What May and Love It.
We then broke out for classes. Beckie and I went to the same classes. First, was Michael Wilcox talking about Holy Envy and second, was Agbor Agbor talking about Trials, Blessings in Disguise.
At one we stopped for lunch. Then we all broke up for two more classes. We went to Diane Done-Adair who spoke on The Atonement: Using my climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro to Understand the Power of the Atonement and then Peggy de Azevedo whose topic was No One Ever Told Me I Might Be Single.
Later that night we went back up to the institute for all sorts of fun. You could ride a bull, box in a blow-up boxing ring, play darts, basket ball, volley ball, or dance outside. There also was snow cones and popcorn. As you can tell from the pictures below, we all had a great time!
Then Sunday evening was a fireside with Jane Clayson-Johnson. She gave a fantastic talk: A Pencil in the Hand of God. There was a little reception to meet her before she spoke. I was lucky enough to get a couple of tickets. Besides meeting Jane and her husband, I also met Elder Keatch and Elder Franco and their wives. And to top it all off they were serving eclairs!
It was a fun and exhausting weekend, but I'm very glad I went to it all.

Aimee on the bull

Aimee & Me

Debbie, Me & Ellen

Alyssa, Debbie, Me & Ellen

Ellen, Carolynn & Debbie

Carolynn, Debbie, Liz & Me.
At this point I must warn you. We got a little
camera happy and started taking silly pictures.
So, laugh away at our expense. We are!

Debbie, Me & Ellen

Me, Ellen & Carolynn

Me, Ellen, Carolynn & Debbie





Beckie, Carolynn & Ellen

Me, Beckie & Carolynn

Ellen, Aimee & Me


2 comments:
Looks like a blast! What a fun weekend.
What a great weekend! How was Agbor Agbor's talk? He was in our ward at student housing when he was a young man. What a great guy. Did he mention that he broke his neck (wrestling or football I can't remember) and wore a metal halo for quite awhile. Now he just wears an angelic halo. ;)
Post a Comment