I Liked: I wasn't sure I'd like this Mr. Rochester - he never appealed to me in the trailers - but in the end I was quite satisfied with him. To be honest I thought all of the actors were pretty spectacular. I liked all of them - except the ones you're not supposed to like, but they did a good job at making you not like them. It needs to be said - Best Daydream Ever!!! The first time I saw it (yes, I've seen it more than once) I wasn't impressed with the movie, but the second time it really was quite beautiful.
I Didn't Like: How quickly the movie wrapped up. A couple more minutes would have been quite satisfying. Also Rochester's beard at the end - scary! Really, there was no one to help him shave after the fire!?! I felt that the little girl who played Jane and the one who played Adele looked very similar. I knew they weren't the same, but I think they could have made them look more different from each other. It was almost a little confusing.
Comments: This version had some lovely cinematography. There were some really beautiful shots and the scenery was amazing. I'm not sure how I feel about the way they arranged the story, starting in the middle an all. It was different from all of the other versions in that respect, but I'm not sure I liked it.
Free Jane Eyre 2011 Wallpaper (1680 x 1050)
















1 comment:
I just watched this one last weekend. I agree with you on all points, and I have to emphasize how abrupt the ending was. Boo! Why do filmmakers think that ending with one kiss makes everything satisfying? I like the 2006 version much better for that very reason. I can appreciate that they needed to trim down the details to fit their time constraint, but really??
I didn't like the way they arranged the story, though I might have liked it okay if they hadn't jumped back and forth so often at the beginning.
I liked the casting of all the characters, but I thought that Jane acted a little too stoic for most of the movie. In the 2006 version, she smiled a little more and showed more emotion. In this one, I thought I liked her stoic attitude, but then I was honestly a little surprised when she proclaimed her love for Mr. Rochester. Not a very good build up.
And that daydream she had when she was alone in her home? Perfect! I was only disappointed that it was a daydream... Do you think it's kind of sad that I might have welcomed that change in the story?
Post a Comment