Ok, I've finished the book. Wahoo! It took much longer than I had anticipated - mostly because after the attempted marriage I knew what was going to happen and I just didn't want to go through it all. In the end I just skimmed through the wanderings and St. John part and started reading again when Jane goes to Ferndean. I loved the ending! It was interesting to understand Jane's motivations when she teased Rochester at the end. And, throughout my reading I kept handy a pink highlighter and marked my favorite passages, so that next reading will go much faster.
Now it's time to rate the movies:
Best Young Jane: 1996
Best Jane: 2006 & 1983
Best Rochester: This was difficult so I narrowed it down to my top three, 2011, 2006 & 1983
Best St. John: 2006
Best Mrs. Reed: 2006
Best Mrs. Fairfax: 2011
Best Blanche: 1973
Scariest Mrs. Rochester: 1996
Most Accurate (to the book) Version: 1973 and 1983, what one doesn't have the other does
Best Flashbacks: 2006
Best Daydreams: 2011
Favorite Thornfield Hall: 1996
Least Favorite Version: 1934
Least Favorite Jane: 1934
Least Favorite Rochester: 1943
Least Favorite St. John: 1973 (1997's was just a travesty!)
What's your thoughts on these ratings?
Monday, May 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment