Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Clueless

Honestly, I'm surprised that my mom agreed to watch this one. After the whole Pride and Prejudice: A Latter-day Comedy experience, I didn't think that she would watch this one. This is so stereotypical that it is quite humorous and the comparison to Emma is also interesting.

I really liked this movie cover, although I just noticed that it is not the English version. I think it's supposed to say the "What Ever" Edition.

Cher is the main character in this movie. It's interesting that her name is four letters, just like Emma's. She is so ditzy. She make Jane Austen's character seem like a veritable paragon! You can also see Elton to the right of her.

Tai (the Harriet character), Cher and Dionne (the Mrs. Weston character). I loved the costumes in this movie. I mean check out the outfit of the girl in the background. Full body stripes with a short flower skirt - awesome!

First row: Josh (Mr. Knightley), Amber (maybe Mrs. Elton), Dionne, Cher, Tai and Travis (Mr. Martin). Back row: Christian (Frank Churchill), Elton and Murray (Mr. Weston).

When Josh and Cher finally admit to having feelings for each other.

This is most certainly not my most favorite adaptation of Jane Austen's novel, but for what it is, it's a lot of fun. I find it interesting that Josh is not really related to her, but is "kind of" her step-brother. I guess that's the only way they could think of to have him be on such friendly terms with her.

I find the language and some of the scenes a little crass. They definitely could have made this cuter if they'd stuck to the PG rating. However, the '90s slang is a riot. I had forgotten some of the terms they used.

I really like the romance they meddle in with the two teachers. It makes their characters a little less shallow.

There's not a lot I can think of to review. I think all you need to know is that it is silly and shallow. In the end, it's not bad. It's not a movie I'd watch regularly, but now and again it's ok.

No comments: