I know I just posted last night, but I had the most wonderful dream. I don't know why I've had two such wonderful dreams in close proximity, but I'm not complaining.
I was staying at this lodge, it must have been in the mountains and it seemed to be quite near a theme park. I had spent the day at the theme park and then came back to the lodge for the night. Staying at the lodge were many friends, my mom and some wealthy men - one of which I had a terrible crush on. That night there is a party. A pretty good one at that. It reminded me of Planet Hollywood with all of the memorabilia. It was divided up by sexes. There was a room on each end, one for boys and the other for girls. Each room had a hallway coming out of it that was filled with all sorts of memorabilia. The girl's hallway was red. I don't remember any specific memorabilia, but I do remember that it was there. (I don't know what color the boy's hallway was, in that I never went there. Both hallways connected to one central room that was black with all sorts of colored lights. It was really hip and fun. It reminded me of an upper class night club. When I got to the central room, where the party was going on, I went looking for the guy that I really liked. There were a ton of people. Some I knew and a lot I didn't. It was like the whole lodge was there. Eventually I get tired of looking, not to mention that it's rather late at night, and sit down in one of the chairs on the perimeter. I lean my head back against the wall and close my eyes, frustrated that I can't find the guy I like. Out of boredom I listen to the silly blond girl on my left. She is talking to some man that she evidently likes, but doesn't know if it's mutual. I listen for a few minutes until I realize that the man she is talking to is the one I was looking for. I slowly sit up and look around the girl. Sure enough, it was him. While I am staring at him, thinking all sorts of hateful thoughts, he quickly whips his head around and looks straight at me. First there is surprise on his face, then it turns to horror because he is embarrassed to be caught flirting with this dumb girl. I am also embarrassed to be there so I quickly stand up and leave. Behind me I hear him get up and call after me, but I am too upset to care. Because the crush of people was so dense, he couldn't catch up with me.
The next morning I wake up rather early. Well, comparatively to the rest of the guests. I look out the window and realize that it has snowed us in. I go down to breakfast, even my dream me loves that meal. Obviously it is rather quiet, in that none of the other guests are awake. Since I have free run of the lodge I decide to do some snooping. On the top floor in the back of the building there was a hallway/long rectangular room that had cupboards among more cupboards. In the middle there was a rather large cupboard that contained everyone's winter coat. For some reason I had had mine with me, so I went to hang it up. Then while I'm there I look for his, the cute guy, coat. (All you girls know what this is about. You know how you just want something of theirs to touch or smell. It's sad, but it's true.) I look through the whole cupboard, but I cannot find his coat. No one is around, so I decide to look through his personal cupboard. (Around the main coat cupboard every guest has their own personal cupboard to put any extra clothes in. None of these have locks, but for some reason no one ever steals from them.) I start rummaging around his cupboard and come across his coat. I pull it out and put it on. With it on I think about how nice it is. It is really warm, rather stylish and has the neatest square buttons. While I am basking one of my girl friends catches me in there. At first she thinks I'm stealing, but when she realizes that I wasn't she started laughing. She told me how pathetic I was and that I really should put coat back so that no one else could catch me in it. I do so and then ask her to promise not to tell him. She laughs again and doesn't really commit to the promise.
We go back into one of the living rooms that the lodge has and sit around the fire. After a little while my guy comes in. This puts me on sudden alert. I think that perhaps he knows about the coat, but it seems that all he wants to do is apologize for the night before. He told me that he tried to get up early so that he wouldn't have to do it in front of a crowd. He tells me that he is in love with me and that he was not flirting with that girl. He was taking a breather when that girl came out of nowhere and started hitting on him. He said that he had spent the first part of the party looking for me, but when he was unsuccessful he went to sit on the sidelines. He had hoped to glimpse me from there. Again he says that he loves me and begs for my forgiveness. He said that he would do anything I asked if I would just forgive him. I sat there staring at him. I was incredulous at his humility and embarrassed at my actions, both at the party and with the coat. I don't know what to say. I just stare at him. All the while he keeps looking more and more dejected. This is when my friend comes in. (Remember she was in the room with me, so she heard all of this.) At first she prods me to say something. I tell her that I don't know what to say. I need time to think about it. She then asks what there is to think about. He obviously loves me and if my actions a little while ago didn't prove my love, she didn't know what would. He looks up rather suddenly at this last statement. I have to admit there was a little hope back in his eyes. And weren't those eyes beautiful. He turns to my friend and asks 'what actions?' She chuckles and tell him that he has really nice coat. He is puzzled and looks over at me for clarification. I tell him that I went to hang up my coat, with my friend, when we noticed his coat in the cupboard. We both had remarked at how stylish it was, especially the square buttons. He looks at me and tells me that he doesn't recall hanging his square buttoned coat in the coat cupboard. Then as if a bolt of lightening hit him he jumped up, looked at me with a curious glare and then ran to the cupboard room.
At this point I know that is what it he is going to do so I hurry after him. He wants to check my story. By the time that I catch up with him he has already gone through the coat cupboard and was now rummaging through his own. He seems to have found what he was looking for because when I enter the room he closes the cupboard door and turns to look at me with a very smug smile. I am thinking, 'oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!' He then says 'that was a lie in there, wasn't it? You had to have gone through my cupboard to have known about the square buttoned coat. You must love me too!' This last statement was said with astonishment and smugness. I am mortified. He knew and now had the upper hand. He asks me to wait there for a moment. He would be right back. He then runs out of the room, almost skipping with joy. I, on the other hand, fall to the floor with embarrassment. I can't believe he found out.
Then, as dreams allow you to do, I saw him rummaging around around his room. He was looking for something and seemed really excited about it. He finally found it it one of his drawers. It was a little, black velvet box. Yes, he was going to ask me to marry him. He was thinking about how glad he was that he had brought the ring. He hadn't been sure I loved him, but thought that he might find out on this trip and better to safe than sorry. He now knew and could hurry back upstairs and ask me. It was a dream come true.
And then I woke up.
Wasn't that a wonderful dream. I don't know if I like this better or equal to the last, but it's not really a competition. I am just happy I have had two such wonderful dreams and that I could remember them when I awoke.
Friday, October 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment