Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I met someone today!

I met someone today. His name is Casey.

Two weeks ago when I was volunteering at the library a boy came in and asked how to get a library card. I told him. Then a little while later he came back for something else - I don't remember. Then I got busy with some other patrons and actually ended up running around the building on some errands, unlocking doors and such. When I came back from one of these errands he was waiting near the desk. He came up to me and handed me a note that he said was for me. The note said "I know this is lame, but I think you are beautiful and I would like to get to know you. Give me a call or text me if you're interested. If not that's ok too." I showed it to the ladies at the library and they suggested that I call him and tell him to meet me at the library the next week. That way if he was crazy I could get security to hunt him down. So for the rest of the day I just debated whether or not I should call him back. The quote came to me "nothing ventured nothing gained." Finally at like 8 pm I sent him a text saying "I volunteer at the library Thursdays, come in and we'll chat." I was hoping all week that he would come. So the next Thursday I made sure to dress in one of cutest outfits and then went to the library. I was on the lookout for him, but to be perfectly honest I couldn't really remember what he looked like. When there was only about a half of an hour left of my shift, I decided that he wasn't coming and went down to the book sale. (Which was mentioned in one of the previous blogs). I was a little sad, but it was ok. Just the thought of meeting him cheered up my whole week. Later that evening I thought that perhaps I should text him again, so I did. I just said that I was hoping to see him, perhaps he could come next week. I figure if he is interested, he'll come. After that though, I just put it out of my mind.

So this week rolls around. When I woke up this morning I thought that perhaps he might come today. I dressed up cute and even blow dried my hair. (For those of you that know me, that's big!) I listened to Christmas music all the way down - Mannheim Steamroller has just come out with a new cd! I really didn't expect him, but I did have a little bit of hope. Mostly I was nervous that if he came he would either: a. be crazy or b. I would be an idiot. I hate to say it but I am a rather awkward conversationalist with new people. (That was one of the reasons that I started volunteering at the library). We had some crazies as usual and then Carol came and I just got to chatting when this guy comes up to the desk. And instantly I know. It's him. I wouldn't have been able to tell you what he looked like, but I definitely recognized him. So my cute library ladies let me leave for a bit. We went up to the roof and talked. It was really fun.

Here are the important details. He is cute! He's just a bit taller than me. He is a runner. He actually runs marathons - which is why he didn't come last week, he was in St. George running a marathon. He's 27 - I definitely dig older guys. He manages the downtown Deseret Book. He's LDS. He goes to a single's ward up at the U, because he lives near there. His family is from Phoenix. He was in the Army for 5 years. He was stationed in New York. He has six sisters and six brothers - a kind of yours, mine and ours arrangement. He enjoys sports. He likes to travel. He graduated in gemology and wants to design jewelry. He's related to President Eyring. And the most important . . . he likes me!

He called me this afternoon and we set up a date for tomorrow night. So there will definitely be more to come!

No comments: