Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

If time can heal . . . I am definitely mended!

I think that time heals. I wrote a series of blogs, well two anyway, two weeks ago about an experience I had. I wasn't sure that I really wanted to share it with everyone. It just felt so personal. Thus I left it that way, for my eyes only. But two weeks later I feel like I can share the experience because it's not so close to me any more. I feel I am over it. The entries I am talking about prompted the last entry "Anticipation Disappointed." I am now releasing them. Please be kind as you read. It's ok if you laugh. I am now laughing. In fact the funniest thing to come from it is the $700 in retail therapy. Yeah, it was a real blast. I bought a 160 GB iPod, new glasses (they are Vera Wang with rhinestones in the corners. So cute!) and I bought several new outfits at New York and Co. I love that store. So I am on the mend, actually I really am mended and I know what I was supposed to learn from the experience.

1. I am not so desperate that I will go with any guy.
2. I can definitely say no to physical attentions aka kissing.
3. I am more confident in the attributes I want in a man and the ones I definitely don't want.
4. It reinforced just how super awesome I really am and that it is going to take one spectacular man to make me want to marry him. ( I know, humility is not one of my strong points. Just ask my mom!)
5. I am attractive enough that someone would ask me on a date and want to kiss me. (I know it's rather a contradiction to the last one, but seeing as how I have had five real dates in my life and only one and a half have turned out well, it was a concern.)

Life is now quite wonderful. I only have to teach two hours of piano lessons this week. I am reading the most wonderful, uplifting novel. I am addicted to the new CBS show Moonlight. I think Alex O'Loughlin is hot! If you haven't seen it you need to check it out! I'm earning some extra money this week subbing at the grade school library for three days. I finally have all of the information for my new wedding album. I have planned out all forty pages (my longest yet) and have finished about 8 pages. I'm not sure if I'm done with one of them, thus the about. Tap class starts up again today. In general life is quite good!

No comments: