
But what to my wondering eyes should appear but . . .
a tree full of Christmas presents all huddled near!

Here's me with all of my presents Christmas morning. I received a skirt, an aqua pajama set, pink snowflake pajama bottoms, a pink wrap-around shirt, polka dot tank top, 7 pairs of socks, slippers, an orange, Fruity Pebbles (to eat while opening presents), egg nog, dark pink sheets, a snowflake picture book, a swirly ring, a star ring, a blue and grey necklace and earrings, a box of Nerds, 8 star plates, a red star bowl and a box of gummy worms.
For the most part Christmas was a great day. We all slept in and didn't start opening presents until 10. It was just my mom, me and Victoria. Then, I put on some new clothes and jewelry. I finished my Christmas book (Once Upon a Christmas). Around 2 we had a leisurely lunch buffet while we passed out gifts with my grandparents. My grandma made me a pink star blanket and I filled their USB drive with current pictures for their digital picture frame. We all stayed downstairs and watched my mom's new copy of Momma Mia.
Alert: This is where the day turned from good to bad.
Some where later in the evening, my grandma came over and said her computer wouldn't start. (BTW this is never a good sign). So I went over to look at it and sure enough it failed to boot up. I tried looking for the install cd, but couldn't find it. I even pulled out their filing drawer too far and couldn't fix it. I came home so frustrated and couldn't seem to get out of it. As my mom would say I just kept brown bagging (this means I started dwelling on everything that's wrong in my life - like pulling all of my problems out of the bag). At 8 I went down to my room and by 8:30 I was in bed. A miserable end to a pretty terrific day.


No comments:
Post a Comment