What did I want? Well, with such a large number of fonts at my disposal, I needed a program to manage them. I had currently been using AMP Font Viewer, but that only lets you organize the fonts installed on you computer. Having more fonts than I know what to do with didn't help the speed of my computer. In fact it made the Window's boot-up slow, not to mention the word processors and graphic design programs. (Ten minutes waiting for the font tool to open up in PhotoShop was not particularly fun!) So, my criteria was this:
- it needed to let me view all of the fonts that I had - both installed and not installed
- there needed to be a way to organize them all - especially the not installed ones
- it needed to be able to install or uninstall quickly and easily
- and lastly it needed to be free - it's crazy how expensive these babies are.
After that, I restarted my font manager search and quite quickly I found the manager of my dreams - well at least of my 'free' dreams. Here's a screen shot so you can see that I'm really not lying about the 3,000 fonts. (You can click on it to get a closer look)


1 comment:
This is good to know. I was thinking about you on Thursday because I designed and created a blog page for the RS (I'll send you a link). The sister who I was working with asked how I knew all this and I said "Anneliese." Thanks for all you have taught me! Your pupil is now teaching.
Post a Comment