I have had this song Have a gratitude attitude stuck in my head this whole last week. You know, the Janeen Brady one. It's part of a whole story about being grateful. Anyway, I think that we all have been pondering the things that we are grateful for this Thanksgiving season. I just wanted to list the things that I am grateful for - in no particular order.
I am grateful for my family. They are wonderful. They provide love, support and humor when I need it most.
I am grateful for my mom. She is amazing! Everyday I stand in awe of all that she does. She is patient, loving, funny, clever and my best friend. She is stalwart. I don't know how she is able to put up with all of the crap that gets dumped on her, but somehow she always pulls through with a smile on her face. She is always there for me when I need her - even at three am when I am sick! I love that she doesn't think it's silly that I don't like to drive. I love her cooking. Everything she makes is wonderful (except broccoli in the crock pot). I am grateful for her insight. I love her! I am so grateful that I was put in her family.
I am grateful for my brothers. They always seem to make me laugh, even if it's about myself. Eric is one of the smartest people I know. He knows everything, and even he doesn't he makes a good show. He is also a wonderful father to his kids. Jess is very clever. I don't think he realizes this about himself, but he is. I am also amazed at his compassion for others. Ryan is Ryan. There is not another person on earth like him. He is one of my best friends. He just makes everyone feel good when they are around him.
I am grateful for my sisters as well. Victoria is an interesting sort. When she is in a good mood she is most wonderful to be around. She is also very loving to all of those around her. Shell is always an interesting conversationalist. She can talk to anyone anywhere, if she so chooses. She is also the other keeper of my secret love affair journal. (You know what I'm talking about). Michelle is a very bubbly person. She's cheerful and fun to be around. And Melissa is so energetic. She is always busy doing this and that. She is constantly moving.
I am grateful for my friends. (And you know who you are: Katrina, Em, Kristy, Carolynn, Beckie, Aaron, Adam, Lisa, Jill, Bonnie, Marie, Ellen, Haley and the rest of you that I am not naming. Really the list could go on forever.) You truly are the spice to my life. You all have such wonderful personalities and help me in ways I never knew I needed. You bring joy and laughter to my life. You are there when I need you, when it really counts. You complete a part of my soul. I love each of you!
I am grateful for my talents. Without them I would not be able to do things I am doing today.
I am grateful for my self esteem. It has pulled me through some really rough times. I mean I really am the most interesting person that I know!
I am grateful for a sense of humor that lets me laugh at myself. (Like today when I was practicing the piano with mom and my elbow started doing something bizarre. We had to stop practicing because I couldn't get it together for laughing so hard. My eyelashes are still wet with tears!)
I am grateful technology. To quote the movie Napoleon Dynomite "Gee I love technology, but not as much as you you see, but I still love technology . . .)
I am grateful for my ability to learn. I love to learn about new things. (For instance did you know that a matilda is a sleeping bag in Australia. It helps make the song Waltzing Matilda make more sense. I learned that today.)
I am grateful for books. I love to read!!! Reading (especially silly romance novels) have helped me escape when I have needed it most.
To list some simple things: I am grateful for my house, my bed, pianos, libraries, good food, Wendy's dollar menu, cars that work, Christmas lights, movies, handsome movie actors, sexy vampires, Jane Austen, the best reading chair in the world, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, good music, socks without holes, stars, Crayola crayons and markers, Walmart, Costco, the internet, email, cell phones, good doctors, garlic indian braids, Pizza Hut, fish restaurants, jewelry, lime rickeys (Article Circle has the best. I know because I have tested all of them around), root beer floats, homeless crazy people (without them Thursday mornings just wouldn't be the same), gingerbread cookies, milk, snow, swimming pools, fall leaves, fonts and handwriting, toilets, hot showers, comfy office chairs, tv, computers . . . I think that the list could go on forever.
In the end I am just grateful to be me!
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment