Up until now mom and I have been making and baking pies, mini cinnamon rolls (from the pie dough), jello, etc. As she was putting the turkey in the crock pot I felt a kind of kinship to it. Lately life has been so crazy busy that I feel like I have been running around with my head cut off. I am so excited for tomorrow because hopefully it will be a nice, relaxing holiday. So I know you're thinking to yourself, 'what has she been doing?' Well, let me see. I feel like my brain is slowly dying this evening, so I might not remember it all.
Monday and Tuesday afternoon mom and I held our piano masterclass for the Christmas recital. We had six kids show up on Monday and 20 on Tuesday. Yeah, it was a real joy. Masterclass is like a mixed blessing. I have to teach two very grueling hours of piano, but I only have to teach two hours for the week.
Monday morning mom and I took my grandparents to the airport. They went to visit my aunt and family for two weeks. I tell you though, getting them through the airport is super stressful. I mean, the airport is stressful on a normal day, but add two grandparents and you've risen to a new level. Both of them forgot about the whole 'no liquids on the airplane' rule. My grandpa thought that it would be ok to take his paints on the plane. For real!!! Then my grandma had all sorts beauty products that we had to shove into one of her suitcases. I say shove because she only has medium size suitcases. She just thinks she's a 'light' packer. Instead, all of her stuff is crammed into these two suitcases and sometimes overflow goes into my grandpa's. Then we, mom and I, wait until we see them clear security, because you never know what's going to happen. My grandpa gets all flustered and my grandma without fail sets off the security gate alarm. Most of the time it is just her bra, not the three metal joints that she has. We have to remind my grandpa that you don't tell jokes in the airport. When we were done, mom and I were both sweating. It feels like it takes forever!
I went out to lunch with my friend Emily. That was a nice bright spot in the week.
Mom and I have gone out walking everyday this week. I think it's paying off because I have officially lost 26 lbs since July!!!
I have practiced the piano a great deal to get ready for all of the performances that I have coming up. Hoorah for Christmas! (There is a little sarcasm noted in that statement).
Mom and I were trained on how to use the new credit card service we registered for. I think it is going to be a lot better than Paypal. Grrrr to those people at Paypal. Then I have been working on updating and organizing our website. For all of the time that I have spent on it, it sure doesn't feel like I have done a lot.
Today I helped out at Katrina's school for her pajama party. That was interesting.
I have been running around town on various errands. Thus far I have been to Walmarts every day this week. Yeah, it's a little bit sad.
Another bright spot in today was when mom and I went to Enchanted. It is a super cute movie. It's very Disney, but not too childish. Patrick Dempsey is so handsome in it. I loved the singing and costumes. I think I'll probably see it again this weekend. It's just lovely.
Then I also met with the photographer I work for. I have a little touching up to do on my latest album, but that should only take an hour or so. I hope!
I also have some random projects that I am working on for my siblings.
Can you see why I feel like I have been running around with my head chopped off? *yawn* Now it's time for bed! Hip Hip Hooray!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment