So my brother, sister and their cute kids were up this weekend. They were here for a funeral, so we ended up taking care of the boys - which is always so much fun and exhausting. (You're amazing to do it every day Shell!) We had a couple of funny incidents that I thought would be worth mentioning. When we went to Macy's department store boys had to continually put their hands under the price scanner because they loved the "red hand machine." Then when we passed the cable knit sweaters the boys said that they were beautiful towels and no amount of persuading would make them believe otherwise. Will pointed out every purple and shiny thing. He kept saying "Grandma Steph, you like this!" Every time we passed anything purple. My favorite story though started Friday evening. In trying to put Will to sleep mom turned on Pride and Prejudice. She pointed out Mr. Darcy and asked him if he thought Mr. Darcy was cute. To which Will replied most solemnly "Oh yes." Then every time Mr. Darcy came on Will pointed him out. Well two days later he and Walker were playing with their toys (which happen to be the Fisher Price toys that my siblings and I played with as kids). They were playing with little people (aka man guys) and the many accessories we have for them. We were in the kitchen cleaning up or something when Will came in most excitedly and said "Grandma Steph look. It's Mr. Darcy." He had managed to find the little person circus ringmaster that has a top hat just like Mr. Darcy. It was hilarious. Down below is a picture of "Mr. Darcy." It's not the best because I can't find the actual toy (I think Will took him home as a sovenier or hid him really well) so I had to find a picture online. When I find it though, I will upload a better picture.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment