It's amazing how when you are sick everything is harder, longer, more frustrating, worse or more horrible. For instance we had an issue come up with our website that on Friday seemed totally frustrating. The words literally went through my mind "Why does this always happen to us? Can't anything ever be easy or smooth?" But today I found out that it wasn't that big of a deal and would probably only take an hour of my time. Phew! Last week, which for reference purposes I will call my 'H' game week, I was so sick with a myriad of symptoms that I was so out of it. Usually I am operating on my 'A' game, yeah I got all the way down to 'H.' I had to burn a dvd last week and I swear it took me four times to get it right. One time I forgot the font, another the name was wrong, etc. Usually that kind of a thing I can do with my eyes closed. It was kind of funny though. Then Saturday night/Sunday morning I got 12 and 1/2 hours of sleep. It was glorious! I think it went a long ways in helping me get over whatever lingering thing I have. I really think that I should have bought stock in Kleenex. Between my stuffy nose and my friend Kristy's boy troubles, I would be making bank right now!
During my sickness I was able to watch several movies that I have never seen before. First was the 1977 version of Count Dracula. It had Louis Jourdan as Dracula. I thought that it was pretty close to the book in plot. The special effects were humorous. I mean for the time they were great, but for today . . . It was a little spooky when they freeze framed his face and made it white with red eyes. Just a little bit eerie. It's just a little too scary for my mom to watch. Then I watched As You Like It. The Kenneth Branagh adaptation. It was a little bizarre seeing as it was set in Japan. Other than that, it really was quite delightful. And I must say, Bryce Dallas Howard is just beautiful in it. The last one I saw was Annie Get Your Gun. The version with Howard Keel. Oh, I love his voice! I know, you would have thought I had seen it before now, with my background and all, but alas, I had not. I really enjoyed it though. I think that the cast was marvelous. It was better than I had anticipated. The only thing I didn't like was that she had to lose the shooting match to get him to marry her. What's the deal with that? He knew she was a better shot! Besides that, it was quite wonderful.
I must gush a little bit more about Moonlight. I am so ADDICTED!!! I have ever episode (since Friday) downloaded on to my iPod so that I can watch them whenever I want. This last episode threw me a little bit with the emergence of Coraline back from the dead. How did that happen? What's going to happen to Beth and Mick's relationship? Is Mick still married to Coraline? What kind of trouble is going to stir up? I tell you I haven't been this addicted since the first season of ALIAS. Oh, I just can't wait until Friday night. What's funny is that I have yet to be home on Friday night to watch it, but that doesn't mean that I didn't tape it to watch later than evening. I am so bummed on Saturday because I have a long time to wait before the next episode. Warm chocolate chip cookies would not go amiss on Saturday. : ) If you haven't seen it, you must check it out. I love talking about it and hearing different people's opinions and forecasts. Almost everyday Jill is at work we email all day about it, and other wonderful things, but lately mostly vampire things. Funny huh.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment