Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sink me! It's Bastille Day

Last night was our 9th annual Bastille Day party. It took mom and me a little while to figure out how many years we've been doing this. Our first ever was at girl's camp one year. We brought up a small tv and Jill brought up eclairs. It's been a fun tradition ever since. This year there was all sorts of breads, cheeses, fruits, cookies, grape slush and water. Then, of course, we top it all off with a showing of The Scarlet Pimpernel. I think that I could mute the movie and recite the lines and sing a fair amount of the music. It's a little sad, but it's a great movie that I've seen a lot. We had about 25 people show up and I think everyone had a great time. Here are some pictures of the party.

bastille day 001

This was the food spread before everyone came.


bastille day 003

Adam, Em, Deb and Marie getting set up.


bastille day 004

Deb & Marie. A definite Kodak moment.


bastille day 005

bastille day 006

bastille day 010

bastille day 012

Me and Em. How cute are we!?!

bastille day 014

bastille day 015

bastille day 016

bastille day 017

bastille day 018

Katrina & Aaron. I like the pose.

bastille day 019

Press play and here we go!

bastille day 020

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new blog, it is absolutely beeeeutiful! I'm so sad I missed Bastille Day, but I will be there next year! - Lisa

Emmy Z. said...

Welcome to Blogger! I'm pretty jealous of your cute blog... Maybe I'll have to get you to help me design a new blog for Kansas......

Victoria said...

I love your new blog!!!! can you design one for me ;D

~V

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now I can see all the comments people left before me and the comment box. Odd..I wonder what happened? Anyway, LOVE LOVE LOVE the new blog, you have inspired me to find a new one, or maybe create one...
Bastille Day looked like fun, maybe next year Addie and I can make it!

Shelly! said...

Love the new blog Ali!

Sounds like Bastille Day was a blast as usual! I am reading a bio on Marie Antionette and keep wondering when the Pimpernel is going to show up :)

Beckie said...

Ali, I don't know what it is with me sending you links, but you know that's what I do all day - peruse the internet - so I found this and laughed uproariously and thought you might too.

It's how to throw young children the best bastille day party ever.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2008/7/14stallard.html