It's now been many years since I have played in it. When my sister and I were teenagers it was converted into a storage shed and has been used as such up until the last week or so. Little by little the wood has been rotting away, so my mom decided to take it down. It's garbage clean up in the neighborhood, so the city will take it away for free. This helped solidify the decision. So, on Thursday, August 7 our beloved playhouse was taken down.
In honor of the memories that were made there I decided to post some pictures of the playhouse in the past and some to document Thursday's event. Enjoy!

The brand new playhouse. Notice we don't have the sign yet.
Can you see the tree house? It was awesome!

Can you see the curtains and the flower box on the window?

I just love this photo. My brother calls my outfit a vomit of color.

The playhouse just before they took it down.

The pieces with my brother, the conquerer on top.
Sadly, it doesn't look that different to me without it.


4 comments:
Wow! It's fun to see all those old pictures, your outfit is... interesting. Hah! I have some video of it coming down if you want that too just let me know.
Aaaah. I loved that little playhouse. So sad.
Ali your posts are just getting better and better! I love it. And it's sad about the house, but change is good.
Wow - it's gone?? I guess there comes a time to move on, eh? It's like when we were moving and I decided to say goodbye to some things I was holding on to simply because I'd had them since I was little. No more - I wasn't about to haul them 1,100 miles.
The pictures from when you were little are awesome, by the way!
Post a Comment