Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rent-A-Husband

My friend, Katrina, and I were driving one day when we happened to stop behind a truck. While we were waiting at the light I glanced at the company only to read "Rent-A-Husband" handyman. I laughed myself silly. Then, I thought about just how great that would be. You call them up and they come to your house. Because they drive trucks several men can come at a time. They do the work that you need them to do and the man that strikes your fancy, you can keep. I'm telling you, the money you could make off of such a venture . . . Oh, if only life were that simple *sigh*

On Saturday, mom and I went to the annual Parade of Homes. We do this almost every year. It really is one of the highlights of the summer. We love to critique and admire the houses that are showcased, from the simple loft to the 4 million dollar home. It's fun to see how bizarre some of the designers can get. One of the houses that we saw yesterday had a pirate themed play area. There was a pirate ship with a look out and a wooden bridge that went to the treasure cave. Then, you could take the stairs or slide to the floor below and sit in the hot tub with a waterfall cascading into it, all while watching a movie. It was really clever and creative, but I think after awhile I'd get bored with it. It's something I'd want to visit at my friend's home, not have at my own. Still, all I can say is that some of these homes are just amazing. I can't imagine how wealthy you'd have to be to afford one of them.

On a final happy note, this is the first week that someone saved my seat in church. Barbra, one of the cute girl's in my neighborhood sat by my stuff and saved my seat. It was fun to sit by someone I knew, let alone by my stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!~ Maybe that will start a trend and people will fight over saving your seat :)

As for the rent-a-husband, just keep in mind, I doubt any of them will be like Jess... and I know how much you want a hubby just like mine *ROFL*

Beckie said...

The only way that would work would be a Rent-To-Own husband. Otherwise I'm not interested. ;)

DANG IT! *I* was going to save you a seat next week! See you in church :D