This week I actually had to make a list of the weirdos at the library just that I wouldn't forget anyone. I arrived just after 9 am this week and before we hit 9:20 am security already had called in the police. What for, you ask? Well, evidently there was a 30 something year old man hitting on (and perhaps a little more, I'm not sure on all of the details) a 17 year old girl. If you are at all familiar with the law you know that under 18 is a minor. Which makes this rather serious. But honestly, 9 am and he is already getting his groove on? That's just weird in and of itself!
Another man came up to the desk and told us that we should get chairs for the computers that have backs. He said this because repeatedly he has almost fallen off of his chair when he tried to lean back. He told us that those chairs were an accident waiting to happen. Here's what I don't understand, when he walked up to his computer how could he miss seeing that his chair had no back rest? And furthermore if he managed to miss his own, couldn't he see all the other stools around him had no back? I just don't get how you'd miss the fact that the stools have no backs?
Two teenagers came into the library. I doubt they were older than 17, if they were that old. Around the boy's neck was a sheet - like a sheet that's on your bed. He was wearing it like a scarf. I don't know about you, but I've never woken up in the morning and thought "gee, my sheet would go perfect with this outfit." Then if that weren't enough, he was carrying a pillow under one arm. It looked like the girl with him might be his girlfriend. Now, I ask you, what could a teenage couple do at the library with a sheet and a pillow? I mean, I caught a couple en flagrante delicto at the park once, so it's by no stretch of the imagination that I bet they were up to no good, be it at the library or somewhere else.
Another man came up to our desk in a real huff. He said "I need to switch computers because I'm sitting next to a sub-human jerk who can't stop whistling!" Just so you know, I quoted that verbatim. I don't know what part of that was funnier- the fact that he called his neighbor a sub-human jerk or that he can't stand the whistling (which couldn't have been that loud because no one else complained).
And I saved the best for last and I mean that literally. Later on in the morning a cute police officer came into the library, to return some books and pick up his holds. Now, I didn't have any sort of interaction with him, but I certainly enjoyed watching him. So much so that I didn't even notice the patrons that came up to the desk until one of them cleared his throat. All I can say is he looked so fine. I definitely would have made myself free for a date with that police officer!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Loved the teenagers with the sheet and the pillow! Too funny.
Post a Comment