Over the past two weeks they have split up my single's ward into four new wards. My old ward, the EMC 19th ward was comprised of singles from four stakes. Now, each stake has their own single's ward. A lot of people in the 19th ward were not really thrilled for this change, but I have to admit, I was not one of them. Yeah, I'm going to miss seeing some of my friends every Sunday, but I think this is a genius idea and has potential to be something wonderful! I am now in the Wilford 2nd ward with two callings to fulfill . . . so far. : ) As expected I am the organist. I am also the secretary for the Relief Society presidency. I'm rather excited about it all. I feel like I know most of the people, which is great. I love the bishopric and the RS presidency. I think we're going to have a lot of fun!
On another day, my ipod broke. Yes, my mostly new 160 GB ipod broke. How lucky am I? I put it in my speaker set and it wouldn't play. Then, it wouldn't turn on. The next morning I went on the apple website for tech support and tried everything they said. I was able to turn my screen on again, but that was it. I put it up to my ear and heard clicking. That's never a good sign. Clicking and the red X of death is like technological suicide. Yes, that's right. I think my ipod committed suicide. Sadly there were no warning signs. I went into the apple store to have them take a look at it and they said it was broken as well. Although this time luck was on my side for once. I had purchased it back in October, so it wasn't even a year old. That means it was covered in my warranty. So, I left the store with a new ipod that has been working like a charm.
Also, Katrina and Aaron's house had mold in one of the walls, so they stayed with us for week until it was fixed. It was fun to have more people around the house to do stuff with. Although, for their sakes I'm glad the the mold is being taken care of.
I've been a bit creative lately, which has been a lot of fun. I've designed all sorts of things. For my sister, my cousin and my friend, Em I have designed blogs. You can click on their names to go to their blogs and see what I've created. It was fun to create something unique for each of them. Then my friend Jill commissioned me to do something for her son's wedding reception. She wanted to have a couple of romantic movie quotes scattered across the tables. Here's a sample of one of them. They have the name of the movie written on the back, just in case someone doesn't know.
Then, my other friend Emily and her husband celebrated their one year anniversary. Congratulations! She wanted to do something neat for her husband, so she sent me some sketches that her husband had made and asked me to make a poster of them. (He's very much into Spartans.) Here's what I came up with.

This last Saturday was my sister, Melissa's birthday. She wanted to have a birthday dinner up the canyon. So we went up to Smith and Morehouse lake for a BBQ. I tell you, there is nothing better than a hot dog roasted over a fire. Mmmm! We were up there for maybe an hour or two and then headed back to the city. There was road construction coming down Parley's Canyon that took us an hour to go four miles. But luckily my ipod was working and we just listened to the music. Here are pictures of the BBQ.











2 comments:
Thanks again for the blog design and Adam's poster! He loved it and is super excited to buy a frame.
By the way, your niece is so cute! Have fun babysitting!!
The ward split sounds exciting...
Post a Comment