A couple of weeks ago I was looking for something, probably an insurance receipt, and I came across my old Oakcrest Camp songbook. Yesterday, while I was eating lunch I thumbed through it and was amazed at how many of the tunes I could just pull out of my brain. It was a little scary. Now I have many more songs to sing, so hopefully I won't bore myself or Addie.
I thought it would be fun to make a list of all the songs from the songbook that I remembered. So here it goes (alphabetically even, aren't you so impressed?): Ann Marie, An Austrian Went Yodeling, Boom Chicka Boom, Bottle of Pop, Candle on the Water, Children of the Light, Chicken, Clementine (I have actually been singing the chorus to her because 1. that all I remembered and 2. her name is so similar to Clementine), Down by the Banks, Edelweiss, Father Abraham, German Doctor, Happiness, Jello Song, John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, Late Last Night, Misty, Noah Song, Princess Pat, Rainbow Song, Spider's Web, Tell Me Why, The Court of King Caracticus and lastly Weiny Man.
Coming home from Oakcrest Camp for girls 13-14.It was a week long camp and a ton of fun!
(Me & Corrine)



2 comments:
I love camp songs! They add to my repertoire on a daily basis. My girls think I have a song about everything, and I think I do!
Look how cute you all are! You were so young! I think I recognize a few of those faces - Victoria, Brindy, Anna?, one of the Peterson girls I can't remember her first name!, you and I can't figure out who the last girl is either. OH! Did I tell you Brindy is engaged? She's getting married in August.
Our favorite saying for stinky bums was "Fee Fi fo Fum, I smell a stinky bum!" LOL
I seriously can't remember most of those tunes... The titles seem vaguely familiar. Let's just hope my ward doesn't decide to refresh my memory by calling me to be camp director!
Post a Comment