Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hawaii Day Five

We had to get our bags packed and ready for travel to the ship by 8:30 this morning. I had mine mostly packed last night, so that wasn't such a big deal. Then we went to breakfast at CJ's New York Deli. I had a three egg and cheese omelet with hash potatoes, pineapple and two pieces of whole wheat toast. It was way to much for me to eat, but it certainly was delicious. Mom had a waffle and shared some of my food. We went back to the hotel where I checked my email, for the last time until I get off the ship it looks like. Then I met up with Mom and Sue for a walk along the beach. It was wonderful. I don't know whether I mentioned this before, but we stayed on Waikiki beach. I didn't even know where that was before I came. Well, after the walk we sat by the pool and chatted until it was time to check out.

We then got on bus that took us to the ship: NCL's Pride of America. It's a beautiful ship and very large. We had to go through security to get on the ship and then we had to wait in another line to get registered. It easily took us 45 minutes to get from the bus to the ship which was only 50 feet from where we were dropped off. First thing we did when we got aboard the ship was to have lunch. We went to the Skyline restaurant, which is decorated like the an art deco New York skyline. Very vintage. I love it! I had chilled banana soup, tilapia on rice and a peach and blueberry cobbler for dessert. It was all very tasty. I haven't ever had banana soup or Tilapia before. Mom had salad, the tilapia and cobbler for dessert as well. We then toured around the ship and stopped in the Hollywood theater and listened to an orientation about shopping on the islands. After that we were able to go up to our rooms. We are staying on the 7th floor, starboard side in room 7146. We have an adjoining door to Sue, Andy and Jeff's room AND we have a balcony (which I keep gazing out every so often as I am typing this). We had to go to the mandatory safety drill at 4:30, which was interesting and informative. We all looked very dorky sitting in the fancy restaurant wearing our life vests. By the time we got back to our rooms our suit cases had been delivered, so we unpacked. The rooms are rather small, so we needed to pack our suitcases out of the way. Mom and I finished before the others, so we went on a tour of the rest of the ship. They have some pretty cool stuff here.

We then went to dinner at the Skyline restaurant where we sat at a table by a window at the back of the ship. I had chilled peach soup (easily my favorite soup, it should have been dessert) then potato soup, roast chicken with mashed potatoes and a chocolate pudding type thing for dessert. Everything was good, but the dessert was way too rich for me. I could only eat a few bites. The rolls and bread aboard the ship are just wonderful. I have eaten way too many! Mom had shrimp cocktail, onion soup, mahi mahi and coconut cheese cake. Dinner took about 1 ½ to 2 hours, so we were able to look out our window and watch the ship take off. It was neat. For our evening entertainment we went to a comedy show with Chris Alpine. He was very funny. I think everyone enjoyed it. Then we all headed back to our rooms for the night


Penguins in front of our hotel


The turtles that lived with the penguins.


Sun bathing beauties! We were out for about 30 to 45 minutes. Yeah, this is where I sunburned my legs - even with a little sun block!


Jeff and me in the hotel lobby


This is our ship. Our cabins were on the opposite side however. (The Starboard side).


Mom getting ready to board the ship


I am in front of the ship getting ready to board


View from the door of our cabin


View from the balcony


This is our bathroom. Small it most certainly is!




Aren't we cute in our life vests? I think our practical style sense might just catch on.

No comments: