I have just finished uploading all of the pictures for the trip. Feel free to look back through the entries, to see any photos you might have missed.
We are back. We arrived back in Salt Lake at 7:30am this morning. I am so glad to be home. Home sweet home. Let me back track a little. I need to post Hawaii Day Twelve. We woke up around 7 am on Saturday morning. The ship had docked back in Honolulu. We got dressed and went up to the Aloha Cafe for our last meal aboard the ship. I had my usual: scrambled eggs, sausage, croissant, mandarin oranges, pears and chocolate milk. Mom had a sticky bun, scrambled egg, bacon, cantaloupe and oj. After a leisurely breakfast we went back to the room to finish packing our last minute things. Mom and I were pretty much packed, so I checked my email and posted to the blog. At 9:30 am we left the ship and went into the warehouse on the dock. There we found out luggage and got in line for transportation to the airport.
We arrived at the airport between 10:30 and 11:00 am. We checked in. Mom and I were worried that our bags would be over 50 lbs. Luckily for us mine was 45 lbs and Mom's was 48 lbs. We then got in line at security, where I had to get rid of most of my snacks. (Said snacks included, chocolate milk, raspberry yogurt, 2 apples, 2 tangerines and half a bottle of fruit juice.) Other than that we got through security just fine. We met up with Sue, Andy and Jeff around 11:30 am by the food court in the Honolulu airport. We sat around a table in the food court and talked for a couple of hours. In the interim Mom and I ate a pepperoni personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut. At 3:00 pm we walked Sue, Andy and Jeff to their terminal gate. We stayed with them until they boarded at 4:00 pm. Then Mom and I walked back and found a table next to an outlet, so I plugged in the laptop. Mom sat and knitted a scarf while I tried to check our email. The internet only worked for a little while, so I ended up going through pictures and shrinking them for the web. We tried to watch a movie, but with the airport having no windows, just a breezeway, we couldn't hear it over the airplanes. For dinner we had the same thing as lunch. Did I say that Pizza Hut is my favorite pizza? Well it is. I would like to try and get sick of it. After dinner Mom and I walked around the terminals and finally ended up sitting at our gate. We read our books until the sun went down, then we got out the cards and played several games of Canasta. I won one round. All of the rest Mom really skunked me! At 8:30 pm Mom and I took turns going on walks around the terminal.
Then at 9:30 pm we boarded the plane. We sat in seats 42 D and 42 E. I sat in the middle of the middle section. Mom sat on the aisle. I wish we'd had a window. It would have made the trip so much better. We both tried, unsuccessfully, to sleep. About four hours into our six hour flight I started feeling nauseous. I got a really bad stomach ache and felt like I was going to throw up any minute. I didn't throw up, but those last two hours were miserable!!! We landed at 7:30 am. Our bags were already on the carousel when we got to it. We went upstairs to the upper parking lot to wait for Victoria to pick us up. I even took the barf bag in the car, just a precaution. Then we unpacked our bags and started putting stuff away or over for laundry. Right now, I am exhausted. I haven't slept since Friday night and it is now 5 pm on Sunday. I think I'm going to call it a early night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment