We went back to the ship and had lunch at the Cadillac Diner. Both Mom and I had fish and chips. It was pretty good, but not my favorite yet. After lunch we went up to the buffet and each got some ice cream cones and popcorn. Mmmm! Mom, Sue and I went out to the pool and swam around a bit, then sat on loungers while we read books. It was nice and relaxing. We then went back and changed into our dinner clothes and headed down to the Skyline restaurant for dinner. I had chilled carrot and orange soup (pretty good, but I have a canker sore on my tongue, so the citrus was too much!), beef wellington (I've never had this before. I quite liked the beef, but not so much the mushroom and bread shell), several rolls and strawberry sherbet. Mom had a Caesar salad, steak, rolls and the strawberry ice cream.
After dinner went to the Hollywood theater and watched a Broadway variety show. The singers were great and it was fun to try to remember or guess which musical the songs were from. When that was over we went upstairs to the Mardi Gras Cabaret lounge and watched the not so newly wed game. They had four couples ranging from 3 weeks married to 66 years. The old guy – 66 years – was a riot. He had a rough time remembering the questions and would then ramble on about something for a couple of minutes. It was hilarious. You couldn't help but laugh! And now I am here in our room typing away and getting ready for bed.
Queen Ka'ahumana Center
Mom and me in the Maui fabric store. Mom was in seventh heaven!
Sue and I eating at the Cadillac Diner.
Ice cream is creative business.
Ice cream is scary business
Ice cream is serious business.
Mom and Sue sun bathing (in the shade) on the pool deck.
Waiting in the Mardi Gras Nightclub for "The Not-So Newly Wed Game"


No comments:
Post a Comment