We arrived at our hotel around 3pm. Oh, we had the most crazy driver take us to the hotel. He went on all of these back roads and residential streets and went really fast only to then stop really fast. We were grateful that we had our seat belts on! We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village here in Honolulu. It was in the hotel lobby that we met up with Sue, Andy and Jeff. They left the airport before us, but for some reason (aka the crazy driver) we arrived about 15 minutes ahead of them. Mom and Andy checked into the hotel for us. Andy got them to upgrade our rooms, which are really nice. We have a balcony, sitting area, desk, flat screen tv, a beautiful bathroom, fridge and a tv and phone in the bathroom. We are staying in the Ali'i Tower. What a coincidence! We are the only tower in the village that has our own private swimming pool. Pretty cool.
Once we were all checked in and put all our stuff in our rooms we went for a walk along the beach, which is about 50 steps from our hotel. It was beautiful! Then we walked through the shops in the hotel village and then we went out on the main drag and looked for a place to eat, since we all were famished. We ended up at Planet Hollywood. Mom and I split a cheese burger and fries. And I drank so much water I felt like a fish. It was nice to sit down, eat and catch up. Then we walked back to the hotel, looked around a bit and went back to our rooms. Mom and I wanted to go for a swim, but all of the pools close at 8pm, so we just took showers instead. (I needed one too, since a bird flew by and pooped in my hair, and on Sue's shirt and Jeff's arm). After we all had retired for the evening, we ended up meeting up by the pool, quite accidentally during our evening outings. Everything is so expensive here. Not that I thought that it wouldn't be, but it's like the price one the mainland, plus 50%. It's just crazy!
Our hotel
This is our room.
View from the door way of our room.
Our swivel flat screen tv.
Can you see the tv in the bathroom!?
Yes, I'm on the phone in the bathroom and so is mom!
This is the view from Sue, Andy and Jeff's room. Beautiful isn't it!
Jeff, Mom and I are on the beach
Me walking along the beach by our hotel.
Jeff and I by a fawn statue in one of the courtyards in our hotel.
Andy, Jeff and me at Planet Hollywood.
It takes a while for me to upload pictures, so if there aren't any with an entry check back later or the next day. I hope to have them up as soon as possible! But I'm not going to stress about it. I'm having fun and in Hawaii!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment