Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hawaii Day Six

Today was another early morning. I am starting to think that we will have more early mornings than sleep-in ones. I wake up later at home than I have here. At 7 am we hit the breakfast buffet. It was amazing. I had chocolate milk, oj, eggs, sausage, croissant, pineapple, peaches, cantaloupe and mandarin oranges. Mmmm! Mom had oj, bacon, sausage, eggs, mandarin oranges, peach, cantaloupe, hash browns and o'brien potatoes. After breakfast we headed down to our tour bus for our tour of Maui. Yes, today we are on the island of Maui. We will also be there tomorrow. Our first stop was Iao (sounds like eow) point. It was a lookout point for the Maui armies. We went on a couple little hikes around the point and then bot back on the bus.

Our next stop was the Maui Tropical Gardens plantation. It had a wonderful train tour around the plantation to show us all of the things that they grow there. We also got to see a demonstration on how to crack, peel and open a coconut. We had dinner after the train ride at a restaurant right there on the plantation. There was some teriyaki chicken, rice, shrimp, roll, a fruit bowl and cake for dessert. I mainly ate the chicken, rice and fruit. The rest was not so great. We finished off with a scoop of ice cream. I had vanilla and mom had orange and vanilla ice cream with pineapple chunks.

Our last stop was at the Maui Maritime Center. They had some really nice exhibits. I really liked the jelly fish and the big fish tank that you could sit and watch or walk through the tunnel. I bought a couple of postcards and since we had a little extra time Mom and I wrote them out. Now all we have to do is find a post box. Our tour guide/bus driver was very informative and had a fun sense of humor.

When we got back to the ship Andy, Jeff, Mom and I went over to the nearest grocery/drug store and picked up some two-liters of Pepsi. When we got back to the ship I took my contacts out and took a nap. This motion sickness medication seems to dry my eyes and mouth up. I could not wait until I could take my contacts out. While I napped Mom went on a quest for ice for her Pepsi and then read for a little while. We all met up again for dinner at the Liberty restaurant. This was fancy dress, so we got all dressed up to go. I had black bean soup (which was a little bit too spicy for me), garlic chicken (that was very moist) and banana ice cream for dessert (wow! It was wonderful!) And then of course there was some great rolls that I ate too many of. Mom had a Caesar salad, broiled salmon and banana split cheesecake. She didn't really like her meal. It just wasn't top notch.

We walked around the ship and took pictures as well as walked through some of the shops. After that we came back up to the room and changed clothes and waited around for the show tonight. The show tonight was all Elton John music, performed by someone who looked and acted like him. I guess that makes him an impersonator. It was fun to listen to a lot of famous Elton John songs. I didn't realize that he was the original performer for some of these famous songs. It was a bit to loud and the moving lights made me worry about getting epilepsy. The piano playing was exceptional! When we got back to the room we were a little bit munchy so we looked for an open buffet. Alas, they were all closed. I guess that's God's way of helping us diet. Now, I am going out on the deck to read and look at the beautiful city lights of Maui.


Standing in front of Iao Peak. What do you think it looks like?



On the train at the Maui Tropical Gardens Plantation

Will I took this picture just for you! This windmill fan was at the Plantation as well.




Both Mom and I in front of the pretty fountain at the Maui Ocean Center.


At almost every place we stopped we bought a post card or two.This is when we had a little time to spare and wrote them out.


Mom in front of our ship


Me in front of our ship


Eating dinner at the Liberty Restaurant. This was our fancy dress dinner, if you couldn't tell.


I have to admit, I look rather silly in the picture, but I had to post it. I think I want a wall just like this one, found in the Liberty Restaurant.

No comments: