Andy, Mom and I went on the same excursion together. We went dolphin watching, snorkeling and sailing. Sue and Jeff went kayaking and snorkeling. We had to drive a little ways to the dock where we boarded a Catamaran. There were about 24 of us on this excursion. It was a nice group. As we drove out of the marina we were able to see a few dolphins swimming in the bay. One of them even jumped up. Then we drove a little bit further, past a lava tube to the bay. At the bay we were given snorkeling equipment and inter tubes to help us float. Then we jumped off the boat and into the water. It was amazing! Neither Mom or I had ever been snorkeling, so this was a grand adventure.
We saw lots of tropical fish and corals. I think we were out in the water for 30 to 45 minutes. It was a lot of fun! They had sandwiches, drinks, pretzels and fruit on board. It was nice to have snack. I had a tuna sandwich, pretzels and juice. Mom didn't feel all that well so she just sat at the back of the boat. I think there were three of four people who were seasick in our group. After the snorkeling we went sailing around. It was during this time that Mom cast her breakfast into the ocean. I think that helped her feel a little better, but oh, the rocking. I know she was thinking of that line in French Kiss “stop the rocking. Stop the rocking!” We sailed past the dolphins again when we went back to the marina. They were much more playful at noon.
We went back to the ship, changed out of our clothes and had some lunch. I had a slice of pepperoni pizza, a piece of French bread, cantaloupe and a small vanilla ice cream cone. Mom had a small salad and a small Caesar salad, a roll and a small chocolate and vanilla twist ice cream cone. When we were done with lunch we boarded the boats and headed back to shop at Kona. We went in several of the local stores. We got a couple of things at the bead store and the ABC store. (ABC stores are everywhere. I think they have All Blocks Covered). After that we went back to the ship because Mom still isn't feeling all that well.
Now we are getting ready for dinner at the steak restaurant on the ship. They charge you to dine there, but for some reason, Andy didn't get the right discount or something, so they gave him and his party a free dinner there. So, a free steak dinner it is! So we ate dinner at the Lazy J Texas Steakhouse. I had a shrimp cocktail (I just had one shrimp because that's not my thing), a chef's salad (again not my thing), a 5 oz fillet minion with garlic mashed potatoes and some Parmesan potato chunks, rolls and coconut sorbet. I loved the potatoes!!! It would be hard for me to say which kind I liked better. They were both exceptional. The steak was good as well. I asked them what flavor of sorbet they had today and they said they'd go check and let me know so I could decide if I wanted it or not. Instead they just brought it up. I do not like coconut! My only exception is a Mounds bar. Other than that, I don't want any. I was so irritated. I debated between the sorbet and the chocolate cake. Obviously I chose wrong, but I think I might have chosen wrong either way. Furthermore I hate having to eat something (waste my carbs) on something I don't like, but I feel guilty not eating. I think I'm just not a fancy food girl. I'm a potato, cheese, skim milk and fresh chocolate chip cookies girl. Mom had the stuffed mushroom. It was just one mushroom that was easily five inches in diameter. Then she had a lettuce wedge with the blue cheese she didn't ask for. She a fillet minion and the two types of potatoes as well. She also had the coconut ice cream. She didn't like it either.
So after our somewhat disappointing dinner we went to the Hollywood Theater and saw the Show time Tonight: Music of the Night show. They featured songs only by Andrew Lloyd Webber. There was Phantom, Cats, Starlight Express and Jesus Christ Superstar.. I really enjoyed it. I just wish that they didn't have mikes. They probably could do just fine without. Other than that, they were spectacular. Then we headed back up to the room for an early night. Mom's still not feeling well and we have an early excursion tomorrow.
This is the catamaran we went out to snorkel on.
This is me as we are sailing to the bay we are going to snorkel.
Andy and me snorkeling. I'm on the right.
We had to be transported from about where we are standing to the ship in the background.
At the Lazy J Texas Steakhouse, with my Fillet Minion
Jeff at the steakhouse, getting ready to go at it!
Mom at the steakhouse with her Fillet Minion


No comments:
Post a Comment