Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

The Center of Attention

I had to go to this church meeting on Sunday. I was about 5 minutes late, which really wasn't a big deal. So I open the door and see that all of the seats are taken. The chairs mostly line the walls and there's 17 of them. They have a couple of folding chairs in case they need them. Well, obviously they did and you know where they put my chair? Right smack in the middle. Yep. That's me, the spotlight of the meeting. Every single person (and that would be 17 people) could see me without moving their head.

Now, here's the crummy part. I wasn't the last one to come to the meeting. Nope. One more guy comes in and you know where they set up his chair? Back in the corner in front of the door. What!?! Yeah, so for a little over an hour I sat in the very middle of the room. It's not even like I had some really cute or visually stimulating thing on. I had brought a sandwich (mostly because I'm a nicer person if I get to eat lunch) and thought about eating it right there because I already was the center of attention. I'm not quite sure why I was the lucky one, but next time I'll be super early. With my luck though, they'd be assigning seats and I'd still get the middle chair.

1 comment:

Lisa Chin said...

It's because you were so cute. The guy who came in later wasn't as good to look at so they had to put him in the corner! lol