Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Flashback Friday: Fall of Sixth Grade and a Tangent About Teeth

Looking back on my life so far I think this is one of the worst photos of me. This is my sixth grade fall photo. At the time, I loved my hair because it was long and I had a perm, so my hair was crimpy and curly. Furthermore, I loved that shirt. I think my mom made it for me. I loved the glittery paint. I also loved my headband/bow thing.

Then there is my teeth. Take a good look folks. Yep, my teeth are sticky-outy and crooked and if you take a real good look you'll notice I have no eye teeth. Zero. Zip. I got braces sometime that year. First they expanded my jaw. Then they surgically put a brace around my eye teeth. (I really did have them, just didn't come in. Instead they decided to hang out in the roof of my mouth.) Now this brace around my eye teeth were special. They had a chain linked to them. Each month I'd go into my orthodontist and he'd clip a link off and then hooked it to my braces. Yeah, that was fun. Then lastly I had my wisdom teeth removed. Three years, two surgeries and many thousand dollars later my teeth were, and still are, super straight.

Sorry, that was a detour from the original subject. So without further ado, I present my sixth grade photo.

No comments: