Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Jane Eyre (1943)

with Orson Welles & Joan Fontaine








I liked: The addition of a Dr. Rivers character at Lowood school was nice. I liked his relationship with young Jane. I enjoyed the scene where Rochester kind of tells off Blanche. I was glad that we didn't ever see the crazy wife. The costumes were beautiful. I only wish I could have seen them in color.

I didn't like: Orson Welles just has creepy eyes. They made him seem almost crazy! Thornfield had the feel of a tomb or catacombs. I missed St. John and his sisters. Although, I never need a lot of them. The end kiss, while passionate was a little startling and almost unexpected.

Comments: I just had to put those second two posters up. I thought they were humorous! Jane never wore a dress like that in the movie, nor did that dip ever take place. Joan Fontaine was too pretty for Jane Eyre, but to be honest, I didn't mind.

No comments: