with Sorcha Cusack & Michael Jayston
I liked: This is the most accurate adaptation that I've ever seen. At least 98% of the dialog came straight from the book. It was really impressive! I thought Jane and Rochester looked pretty ugly on the cover of the movie and wasn't as excited to see it, but as the movie progressed they really grew on me. When Rochester held the house party we were able to see that he was very aware of Jane. I especially liked when he's singing with Blanche and he walks around the piano to see Jane as she walks out of the room. I mention this because it hasn't been very evident in the other versions.
I didn't like: St. John. Granted, you're not supposed to love him, but I didn't even like or pity him. He was just unlikeable from the very beginning! I felt Rochester was a little stiff a lot of the time for my liking. That doesn't mean that he didn't play some of the passionate moments, well, I just wanted him to be a little more relaxed.
Comments: There were a few scenes where Jane had her hair long and can I just say - I'm totally jealous of how good it looked. There were a lot of stairs in Thornfield. They seemed to just stand out to me.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
If I haven't already mentioned this, I love that you're doing this. I've so enjoyed reading your reviews.
I'm loving your reviews! I think you should do something similar with P&P and Persuasion so I know which ones to watch. :)
Post a Comment