with Ciaran Hinds & Samantha Morton
I liked: Samantha Morton was excellent. There was always this hint of a smile when she was sparring with Rochester that made her so endearing. She was grave when she needed to be, but there was such a warmth to her. It was great that the whole St. John part was so short. I doubt it lasted over five minutes. I didn't miss time with the Reeds either. I loved when Rochester takes Jane to town to shop for the wedding. I especially liked how he handled the whole situation with Blanche when she met them. I loved the ending with the two of them taking a walk with their two children.
I didn't like: Rupert Penry-Jones as St. John. What a waste of such a beautiful man! Not too mention - what's up with his hair!?! Ciaran Hinds was a little over dramatic in some of the scenes. I just wanted to say - calm down a little bit. I was sad that you never found out that she had an uncle who left her his whole estate.
Comments: There's a scene where she's walking the moors that is so Bronte-esque. If you'd not seen any of the movie, but that, you'd know it was a story written by a Bronte. It was interesting that St. John only had one sister. This was by far the creepiest! I had to cover my eyes in one part because I was so creeped out! Can I just say Mrs. Rochester had crazy, crazy hair!







No comments:
Post a Comment