Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New Jewelry

I can't say I was super motivated this year, but these are the jewelry sets I made during this last conference weekend. We learned a new technique for stringing beads and tying knots, so I tried that out a bit.

I saw a necklace like this at JC Penney's and thought I'd try it out. It turned out great, but I think I should have used clear string to help the beads stand out more - or used bolder/sparklier beads on this one.

The new stringing/knotting technique

These are knotted as well. They were some of my more expensive beads. This picture doesn't do it justice, but the beads are dark with sparkles on the inside. If you look carefully you can see the sparkles in a couple of the beads.

I had all sorts of plans for this and easily spent 4+ hours on this necklace alone. My ideas just didn't work the way I wanted them to, so this is what I ended up doing - which really would have taken me an hour to do if I'd just done it in the beginning.

No comments: