What I liked: The music was great - at least the first time you heard it. The phantom was creepy - with or without the mask! He was very maniacal. That's the best word I can think of to describe him. I didn't expect that the creepy guy hanging around in the shadows was a police detective. My sister thought it might be the phantom's father. I rather liked his character. Everyone in it had their own creepy moment, mostly because the whites of their eyes was so white. The underwater scene was the most creepy to me.
What I didn't like: I think the music was on constant repeat. By the end of the movie I could hum a good portion of it. I felt like sometimes the music made more of a joke out of the movie than helped to bring the right emotion. It was rather slow going. I had a headache that night, so that might have factored into it, but I felt the movie really dragged in places. Christine always seemed a little drunk or like she was drugged when ever she was in the presence of the phantom.
Other Notes: I didn't expect it to be a silent film. Although, with it being made in 1925 I should have guessed as much.
The Phantom with his mask
The Phantom without his mask
Christine
The creepy inspector
The phantom and Christine down in his lair
The Masquerade Ball
Turn the scorpion and your lover lives. Turn the beetle and the whole opera house goes up in flames.
This is actually the whole movie - if you're interested.












1 comment:
hahaha I love the makeup they used in the old silent movies and the exaggerated movements. It's hard to take seriously these days.
Post a Comment