What I liked: I liked the relationship between Christine and Harry (the Raoul character) in this one. In fact so far, this is the only one where I've really liked "Raoul." I liked the phantom's little henchman in this. He was an interesting addition. All in all I rather liked the storyline to this one. I liked the truly evil character of Lord Ambrose and his part in creating the phantom. I really fest sorry for the phantom in the end of this one. I liked how Harry figured out where Christine was and what the phantom's history was. I liked the nod back to the Lon Cheney version in this with the fight in the sewers.
What I didn't like: I didn't like how violent the phantom was with Christine. It was so not realistic that he could teach her to sing that well in two or three days. Christine was probably the least pretty in this one. I don't know that her beauty is something I disliked, but I think they could have done her up - especially her hair - to look prettier. The story wrapped up rather quickly. It wasn't bad, but I think they could have extended it a bit more.
Other notes: The movie started out rather spooky (I was worried it might creep me out too much!), but it was interesting how the whole mood of the movie changed when you found out the Phantom's back story.
I thought these were great posters!
Harry, the Phantom and Christine in the Phantom's lair
The Phantom with his mask
The Phantom without his mask (although, this picture is not from the movie)
Lord Ambrose
The Phantom coaching Christine
Harry and Christine at the end right before the chandelier falls
The trailer for this version (you can watch the whole movie on youtube if you so desire)









No comments:
Post a Comment