Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

California Trip Day 3

Today we headed down to the San Diego Zoo Safari. It is huge!!!




Cute boys sittin' on an enormous rhino

There was this green house that had hundreds of different varieties of cactus. It was amazing!

 This was the only one we saw that was blooming.


My brother had knee surgery a couple of weeks before, so he found a place to sit down pretty much every place we went.

The cactus he thought best described his personality


It took three of us to create a larger wingspan.

Isn't that a beautiful desert landscape?

Tongue Grabbers


This is a close-up of the scene behind my nephew.

I love Minute Maid frozen lemonade and strawberry lemonade, but I've never seen orangeade before. It was amazing! It was worth the $5 I spent on it!


Roar!

Part of our Safari pass included a tram ride. It was a lot of fun! The next few pictures are all from this ride.



I'm so glad I brought my binoculars so that both boys could have a pair

Cheetah

Ostrich

A tower of giraffes

Rhino. This animal park has 3 or 4 of the last 6 white rhinos on the planet.

This was the roof of the tram. It had pictures of all of the animals and their names. It was super helpful!

Another rhino

Zebras - can you see the baby?

I think they said that they have 17 giraffes at this park

After the tram ride by another rhino sculpture.

Baby Flamingo


Splash area

Two wet boys!

Water Lilly

I don't know what these flowers are, but aren't they cool?


I forgot what animals these were, but this was by far the weirdest thing I saw at the zoo


When we walked past the lion again it was sitting right up against the window

I love this picture!

I'm not entirely sure what he's doing here.

Splash Pad

Safari Park overlook. (I tried to photoshop these two pictures together, but the angle is just enough off, that it was too frustrating!)



Shell and the boys went to see these pole dancers. Mom and I stayed with my brother so that he could rest a bit.

Gorillas

Cute Li'l hatchlings
This boy loves Meerkats!

Love this photo

Acrobats



Waiting for the juggling show to start


There was a little place near the shows where the boys could make African bracelets

Jammin' with the African drums.

After the zoo we stopped at Spagetti Factory for dinner. I brought my camera into the restaurant to take a picture, but I totally forgot.

We arrived back at home around 8 pm and everyone was just worn out from the day's excursions.

No comments: