Thursday, September 11, 2008
Dead Bird Day
A man came into the library today with a dead bird on his notebook. He came up to our desk and asked if we knew how to help it. The bird was lying on it's side, clearly dead. I turned to the staff person with me and asked him if he had any ideas about this. When he turned to look he almost jumped out of his chair. Once recovered he said "well, this is a first for me!" The patron put his fingers against the bird's breast and told us it was still warm. He was thinking that maybe we could revive it. Not really knowing what to do, we called security, who in turn told us to tell the man to take the bird back outside. The patron seemed a little put out with us, but in the end took it back outside. I know we have a lot of books on animals, but veterinarians we are not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Did you also tell the guy that touching a dead bird is disgusting?
I don't know what kind of classes you guys failed to enroll in, but when I studied Library Science,
Reviving Dead Birds 101 was part of my education.
Post a Comment