Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Library Spectator

Yesterday I was able to help give tours for the public children's librarians. (As in children's librarians that work in public libraries.) It was fun to give a tour to people who know about libraries and books. It also was fun to give a tour at night, after the library had closed. I tell you, it's a whole different place than in the mornings. Only the emergency lights are on, barring the first and fifth floor. I kind of felt like I was a fish in a fishbowl. It's always amazing to me how much I really know about the library - specific facts included. I love to look at the library through new people's eyes. It's overwhelming. Well, I think that it is overwhelming for most. Maybe after the fifth or sixth time you become used to the grandeur of it.

I was thinking over the past few days that I've never put up any pictures of the library. I feel a little remiss. I mean I have been volunteering there for almost 6 years. That means excluding holidays, days other than Thursday and missed days I have been there at least 312 times. Granted most people have seen it or been inside it, so it's not like you're in the dark or anything - but still, it's little embarrassing. So I have scoured the internet to find some of my favoritest pictures of the library.

slc_library6

Overview shot of the model

slc_library7

The library at night

slc_library3

View of the north west corner. My most favorite view. I always hope for a red light at 400 S. and 200 E.

slc_library1

View of the reflecting pond and the curved stairs

slc_library2

Stairs to the parking lot that I see once a week

slc_library4

The five story children's library atrium. Those are sun shades that you see

slc_library5

A great view of the inside of the library. This is what it looks like most mornings.

No comments: