Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Evolution

A couple of days ago I finally remembered to go outside (in the middle of the day) and take a picture of our backyard. It's been fun going through the pictures to see how it's evolved.

backyard rocks 004

In the beginning we dug a foot deep trench around our yard, that would end up being the dry gulch. I think that's 3 0r 4 bags of rocks from the store.

backyard rocks 006

The trench continues. I took the dirt from the trench and mounded it up against the deck.

August 027

The last shot taken of our playhouse. All good things must come to an end.

backyard rocks 011

The gulch after we have spent hours and hours moving rocks into the car, then out of the car to a wheel barrow and then out of the wheel barrow into the trench. I can see why they make prisoners move rocks - it's boring, painful and long.

backyard rocks 014

More rocks, some are even on the mound by the deck.

bastille day 009

New stones and more flowers.

september 284

The end result. Granted there are a lot of weeds, but in this case they really add to the overall splendor, don't you think?

september 286

The end of the gulch. Aren't the sunflowers great?

september 287

More of the same, but I wanted to show the planter box on the deck and the beautiful Russian Sage.

september 288

The view from the patio. For the amount of work, design, labor and money involved in this summer-long 'adventure' I think it looks mighty spectacular.

2 comments:

Shelly! said...

Wow! I am mighty impressed. It was nice to see it when we were up there- the pictures almost do it justice. You two should be really pleased!

Emmy Z. said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I'm excited to see it next summer.