Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh! The Places We Went!

This last week my brother and his family came to visit us. We went on a lot of adventures and had a great time. (Although, so many adventures so close together was very tiring!) I figured instead of one long narrative of what we did, I'd let the pictures tell the story.

September 004

Mom, Baby Addie, Will, Walker and I went to the zoo on Tuesday. Walker loves trains, so we went on a train ride. This is us waving good bye to Grandma Steph and Addie. As soon as we got away from the station Will started crying about wanting to stay with Grandma Steph.

September 007

This is us after the train ride. As you can see, we're all calmed down now.

September 009

Walker didn't want to hear the buzzing of the flies and bees. (Both boys don't like those pesky little insects.) If you look carefully you can see popcorn in Walker's hand. What a funny boy! He'd pop a couple pieces in his mouth and then quickly put his fingers back in his ears.

September 011

Walker eating his Go-Gurt. The lunch of champions. Baby Addie was just perfect at the zoo. She slept most of the time.

September 017

Grandma Steph with the boys who are playing on the tiger statue.

September 019

For some reason this trip Will didn't want to go on any rides. I almost had to bodily drag him on this carousel. Then for most of the ride he cried "I want my mother and father!"

September 020

I told the boys to smile for the camera. This is Will's sad smile.

September 044

The two boys watching the train pass by the kid's playground.

September 049

Baby Addie and Grandma Steph at the zoo.

Two sleeping beauties

This morning when Michelle brought over Addie, she was still asleep, so she and Will took a morning nap together on Grandma's bed.

At the station

For Walker's birthday Grandma Steph took him on a train ride. It was a first for both of them. They'd both not been on the Front Runner before. Walker was totally in his element.

The new train set

Walker's new Thomas train set. Look carefully at those Legos my friends. It took me 15 minutes to put them all together. It was funny because they only gave instructions on how to put the easy pieces together.

Baby Addie & Me in front of the ferris wheel

Addie and me looking at the ferris wheel at the State Fair. Actually, first they all met me at the library and then we went to lunch at Arctic Circle and then we all went to the fair.

The Helicopter Ride

Will and Walker on the Helicopter ride at the fair. Will wouldn't go on it the first time, so fearless Walker went all by himself. Will kept saying "Maybe I can go on it tomorrow, but not today." This was when Walker was having the ride to himself.

A Great, Big Fan

Shell and the boys in front of the biggest fan at the fair.

DJs for the Children's Museum

The next day we went to the Children's Museum. I'd never been, so it was a treat. I don't know who had more fun though, my brother or his two boys. This is the three of them playing at being DJs.

Reporting the News

The boys and I are reporting the news. The story they had on the teleprompter was really quite clever. It told about the old woman who swallowed a fly.

Children's Museum

This is me with an awake Addie and Shell and Walker are in the background building things.

Decorating the Train Cake

For Walker's birthday party that evening we made a gluten-free cake. I got the lucky job of decorating it, with help from both Victoria and Shell.

Walker's 3 year old cake

Check out my masterpiece! Walker is showing the camera how old he is, while eating a snow cone and being held by his mom.

Will & Walker in the basket

On the last day Will and Walker had a lot of fun playing in one of the laundry baskets.

All in all we had a fantastic week. I can't wait until we can do it again. Maybe in California this time though. For those of you who just haven't had enough of my pictures, there are a bunch more in my Flickr Photostream.

1 comment:

Emmy Z. said...

Those boys have grown so much since the last time I saw them! Too bad Will was a stinker.