Em had to go to work and Adam to school, so I watched another episode of Chuck while I ate breakfast. After I got myself ready for the day I read a little more of Ender's Game.
At lunchtime we all met up at the dine-in Pizza Hut. I LOVE dine-in Pizza Huts. I wish they had them here. It was a most delicious lunch, even if our waitress was out in left field.
Em and I dropped Adam back at school and started another adventure. We drove to Liberty, Missouri and saw the Liberty Jail. We went on a really great day because not only is April 6th the founding of the LDS church, but it was also the day Joseph Smith got out of Liberty Jail. The cute sister missionary was so excited.
When we left we started out for Independence, Missouri. On our way we saw some great houses. We wouldn't have seen them if we had put the right address in the gps navigator. For some reason we put the wrong city and took a 20 minute detour. Go figure it took that long for our 'brilliant' minds to figure it out.
When we got to Independence we headed for the future temple grounds and consequently across the street from the Community of Christ temple. Em calls it the sea shell and most people call it an architectural monstrosity. I think that it definitely doesn't fit with it's surroundings, but design-wise, it was really quite amazing.
From Independence we traveled over to Kansas City which is just over the hill. We stopped at Crowne plaza. The train depot (which is still in operation) is one of the sights there. Most of the exhibits were closed, but it was fun to just walk around. And if you can't tell by our shivering, it was super cold and miserably windy.
We went home and made dinner. It was a boxed meal from Macaroni Grill. I hadn't had it before, but it was really good. I think it was the Basil Chicken with Pesto sauce. We watched another episode of Chuck while we ate. Then Em and I cleaned up while Adam got back to his homework. Then we just ate cookie dough and chatted the night away.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
You look so good!
Post a Comment