I started piano lessons when I was 4 years old. When your mom is a piano pedagogy major there's really no way to avoid it. (Well, all of my siblings had piano lessons, but most quit after a few years. I have gone the farthest of all of my siblings and my oldest brother would be next in line achievement. The other three can read music, but that's about it.)
Nonetheless, I am grateful for my early training because I have been able to build upon it. I have gone from piano student to piano accompanist to organ student to organ accompanist and somewhere in the middle of there I became a piano teacher. I started teaching at 14, I think, teaching the daughter of a dear friend and through the years have taught up to 23 students a week. Right now I'm at 7 students a week and enjoying it.
Playing the piano has been a great hobby as well as a great job. I am ever so grateful that my mom took the time to teach me at such a young age so that I could share my talent today! So, as it is a Flashback Friday, here are some pictures of me at the piano over the years. (They are about as chronological as I could get.)
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























3 comments:
cute I love those pictures I remember each of those dresses but my favorites vary.
I love all the curly hairstyles and fluffy dresses. What a cutie you are!
Wow! What fun pictures. It is hard to believe how much you have changed just since we met 5 years ago, but seeing it over the course of you life is even more amazing! Those dresses sure take me back... ruffles ruffles and great big hair. Gotta love the 80's!
Post a Comment