Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Trip to Kansas: Day One

I left Utah today and headed out for Lawrence, Kansas at about 1:00 in the afternoon. The plane I rode was one of the smallest that I have ever been on. We had to walk up the stairs that were hooked on the airplane. There were two seats on either side and I'd be surprised if there had been more than 14 rows. It was about a 2 1/2 hour flight. I started reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, but mostly ended up watching the last half of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Oh, and the ginger cookies were most delicious.

My plane got in about 20 minutes early, but that was ok. I just read a little more while I waited. Then my fabulous friend, Em, came and picked me up. We spent the rest of our time just chatting about anything and everything.

We had dinner, fried chicken, while we watched a little tv. Then she put me to work. She and Adam are on their activities committee and had to make posters for an activity. So they waited for me to come and help them design them. I did all of the pencil work while Em did the markers over top. I think they turned out pretty good, don't you?


1 comment:

Lisa Chin said...

I'm not a big fan of the smaller planes. I usually feel sick on them. Glad you had a great ride. Your signs are great. She had the perfect person to do awsome lettering!