Starring: Aishwarya Rai as Lalita Bakshi and Martin Henderson as Will Darcy
Things I liked: I loved the costumes and the colors. It's just fun to look at! The music is fun as well. I think Aishwarya is the prettiest Lizzy of all of the versions. I loved the dancing. Everyone looked like they were having a great time. I almost am a little jealous that I didn't get to dance with them and wear the awesome costumes. I like the courtship time that Darcy and Lalita have during her visit to America. I have to say that Mr. Kohli was my favorite character. I don't know what it is, but I really like him! I think everyone was really well cast.
Things I didn't like: All things said, there wasn't a lot I disliked about this version. I didn't like Georgie. In every other version I like her, but in this one, I don't ever connect. Although, she doesn't have a lot of screen time. I don't like that she's the one that tells Lalita about Darcy's part in breaking up Balraj and Jaya. This movie had some moments of the bizarre, but they weren't so bad as to make the whole not worth watching.
Other notes: I found it interesting that they left out the Kitty character. And there are no words to describe Maya's Cobra Dance - thus I put the clip of it on this post. I was disappointed the first time that I saw this because there was no end kiss. However, when I came to learn more about Bollywood and Indian culture, it no longer became an issue.
Chandra, Jaya, Lalita, Maya & Lahki at the wedding dance
Jaya & Balraj
Lalita and Chandra shopping with their friend (the girl in pink)
Kirin (Miss Bingley) at the pool in Goa
Johnny Wickham after he's just walked out of the ocean
Mr. Kohli "No life without wife!"
Maya's Cobra Dance
Lalita's nightmare of being married to Mr. Kohli
Kohli's proposal
Lalita's wedding fantasy/nightmare dream
Meeting with Mrs. Darcy (Lady Catherine)
Georgie and Darcy
Darcy and Lalita
Trailer
The Cobra Dance

















3 comments:
You know this is my favorite movie ever. If I need a pick me up it is the movie I turn to! I would have to say that Georgia is one of my least favorite characters in this movie as well and I think part of it is the actress. Loved her in Gilmore Girls but not so much in this - maybe I just see her too much as a Gilmore girl. Don't like Darcy's mom much either but I'm not suppose to like her.
I love how Darcy is losing his pants all during the first part of the movie! I didn't see it at first and didn't understand why he was being aloof until I noticed him loosing his pants! hahahaha I love how Wickham just rises mysteriously out of the sea. Makes me laugh every time! I love Kohli! He is so great at his character! We have to cover our eyes every time he is shown in the speedo though! Ahhh my eyes! I also love the random cross dressers. So funny. I love the music and as one of the songs says "can't keep our shoulders down!" Can you tell I really like this movie???
Okay and can I just add that Belraj (Naveen Andrews) isn't too hard on the eyes! lol
I loved all the color -- costuming was wonderful and such a playground for the eyes. The dancing was great -- snake dance a bit odd. Wickham coming out of the water is weird -- very odd entrance for a character. Lizzy is absolutely beautiful. I did miss all the characters - Aunt and Uncle, Lady Catherine. Kohli - how bizarre!
Post a Comment