Starring: Kam Heskin as Elizabeth Bennet & Orlando Seale as Will Darcy
I don't think I can adequately put into words just how much my mom hated this movie. Last night was her first and last viewing of this 'sacrilege' as she puts it. I know she asked a couple of times when this movie would be over, before the halfway mark. This morning she told me that she lost brain cells watching it. However, since it's my review, here are my thoughts.
Things I liked: Darcy is pretty attractive, although I think the accent has a lot to do with it. I think Lizzy is cute as well. I liked how quirky Bingley was. My favorite scenes in the whole movie were when they were at the Darcy's cabin up until Caroline shows up. Although the best part has to be Mary and Collins hooking up. Which, is how it should've happened, in my way of thinking that is.
Things I didn't like: The Pink Bible. Really!?! As soon as they introduced this into the story, well it went downhill. Although, the worst moment is probably when Mary gets up on stage and sings "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean." I cringed and covered my eyes (although, covering my ears probably would have been wiser). I missed some of the characters, like Mr. & Mrs. Bennet, the Gardiners, Lady Catherine, to name a few. I did not like all of the 'Mormon' cliches and stuff. The movie would have had greater potential without it. I realize that the younger Bennet sisters are silly, but this movie brought their silliness to new lows. Not to mention that the ending was too farcical to even be funny. All the running around Las Vegas was just ridiculous, not to mention unrealistic. I remember when I first went to see it. I didn't have high expectations, but I remember being just so very disappointed in it as a whole. It could have been really cute, but alas, fell short, very short, of the mark.
Lizzy and Darcy
"We have been commanded to multiply and replenish the earth."
-Collins' first proposal
I love this sweater!
The Trailer






2 comments:
You know...I watched this with cheryl and lindsey and they absolutely adore the thing. So i couldn't help but see its good sides. Yes, it's built on a foundation of solid cheese. But it's also cute, hilarious, and so true it hurts.
What can i say, I'm a sucker for modern-day adaptations of classic literature (Clueless, She's the Man, etc.) :D
I vaguely remember watching this version. The preview you posted reminds me of a lot of the funny parts. I do remember Collin and he was my favorite character. His sacrament talk was very funny. I always thought Mr. Collins and Mary belonged together too because Mary thought Mr. Collins was awesome.
Post a Comment