Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pride & Prejudice Intro Post

A few months back I became obsessed with all things Jane Eyre. It was a blast! A few weeks back I started to think that it would be a lot of fun to do the same sort of thing, this time with one of my all-time favorites.  Pride & Prejudice. I plan on watching all of the adaptations I can get my hands on - which, from my research I think I already own. (Anyone surprised?) I even plan on reading the book again - for the second time in my life. Crazy that I've only read it once before.  I've read the last few chapters though, many, many, many times. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on these great movies, so feel free to comment on any and all of my posts.

2 comments:

Emmy Z. said...

Fantastic! I'm still a sucker for the A&E version, but I'm excited to hear your reviews. I've only ever seen two versions anyway, so this will broaden my horizons!

I think I've read that book three times so far. It's always a good read.

Lisa Chin said...

I can't wait to hear what you have to say about each version and about your second reading of P&P. It has been many many years since I've read the book. My favorite "pure" movie versions is the 6 hour one (is that the A&E version or is it BBC?) And my favorite variation is Bride & Prejudice. Such a fun movie!